DNA is a polymer made up of two polynucleotide chains that coil around each other. Deoxyribonucleic acid is commonly known as DNA. All the human beings have similar DNA upto 99%, it’s just the 1% which differentiates us in different individual, what a mind-blowing fact it is. Isn’t it ?
Does urine contains DNA ?
Now getting straight to the point about DOES URINE HOLD DNA ? and the answer is Yes, urine does contains DNA but in very small amount. However, DNA in urine tends to deteriorate rapidly. So, it is very hard and extremely difficult to take out any reliable test result.
More facts about DNA in urine
DOES URINE HOLD DNA ? DNA is present in urine. But it is not related to the urine, it is mainly about the presence of epithelial cells in urine. In males presence of DNA in urine is low. Whereas, In females presence of DNA in urine are more prominent due to getting in contact with vaginal walls.
DNA can be found in urine but in fragments only and lab results will be difficult to extract from DNA present in urine. However, DNA present in blood, plasma, hair, skin, and nails can give a better and clear test result. For more details go through these research page.
Use of urinalysis
It can be used to identify many health condition & diseases such as :-
- UTI (Urinary tract infection)
- Kidney Diseases
- Liver Ailment
- STDs & STIs
Some fascinating facts about DNA will amaze you !!
- Humans DNA IS 85% similar to a mouse, 98% similar with chimpanzee, 41% with banana and 40% with fruit fly.
- DNA is present in every cell of human body.
- Friedrich Miescher is the one who discovered DNA in 1869.
- If we took out the DNA from all of our body cells and straightened it out and arrange it in end to end fashion, It will wrap around the earth 3 million times. Whereas, with respect to sun & earth distance it could reach to the sun & back 500 times.
Please, share this knowledge to your friends and family and subscribe to our newsletter to get notified about more interesting health related blog regularly.